FIVE POINTS FERRET REFUGE ADOPTION APPLICATION
The adoption fee for a single ferret is $125 while the adoption fee for a bonded pair is $175. Bonded pairs will often mourn the loss of their friend if separated.
A $25 rebate is given if an adopter has proof of purchase of Ferrets for Dummies (3rd edition). If this excellent ferret education book has not been purchased, it will be included with the adoption.
TERMS & CONDITIONS, CONTRACT AND PLACEMENT APPLICATION
It’s important to read the following instructions to ensure that your application can be received and processed in a timely manner.
It’s very important to us that you are matched with the ferret(s) that most easily fit into your lifestyle and experience with this wonderful fur-child! It is also vital that the adopted ferret is matched with his or her best family. Why? All rescued ferrets have lost their human family at least once. Some have lost more than one family! This causes extensive stress to the ferret – a living being that bonds to its human family so deeply that significant depression ensues upon surrender to a shelter. In some cases, this depression can cause premature death, but in all cases it will cause tremendous stress. We work so hard to confirm a forever-family for adoption because we care so much.
The Five Points Ferret Refuge (hereinafter referred to as FPFR) Adoption Agreement is a legally binding contract. Applicants must be at least 18 years of age to adopt. If you are under 18, please have the application filled out by the person who will be signing the contract.
Please note: We are very hesitant to place ferrets in homes with children under the age of 5. This is for the health and safety of both the ferrets and the children.
We automatically reject any application with false or misleading information.
Because many people do rush into ferret ownership, FPFR wants to make sure that the decision that you have made is the right one, for both you and the ferret. Please take a few minutes to complete the application; it is long and comprehensive. So, if at any time while filling out this application, you have questions and/or concerns, please don’t hesitate to ask!
Please be sure to fill out all fields. If a field doesn’t apply then enter NA. The application won’t send if any field is left blank.
This application is the first step in the screening process of acquiring a ferret from FPFR. Once your application has been received by FPFR a representative will contact you to move on to the next step.
Please Note; FPFR does NOT adopt to any person or persons that are under 18 years of age, if the ferret is intended for a minor, the legal parent or guardian of said minor must fill out the application. The process will consist of the following steps:
1) Filling out the Placement Information Application and reviewing the Contract and Terms & Conditions, a copy will be provided to you to take with you ( FPFR does NOT perform on-the-spot adoptions);
2) A telephone interview, in which your familiarity of ferrets will be discussed, the ferret’s needs, and the commitment that it will take to welcome ferrets into your home;
3) FPFR may require a reference check, and/or veterinarians;
4) A back ground check of your past animal history, which you agree to by signing this form;
5) Lastly, FPFR will require an in person interview and completion of the Home Visit Form and Terms and Conditions Contract, as well as a short questionnaire regarding your knowledge of ferrets; to complete the process.
Please submit this to me ASAP. You can submit instantly if you use the form below.
Thank you for choosing Five Points Ferret Refuge